Friday, December 24, 2010

Blanket with Sleeves, What a new idea for my country!


  While I was doing research for hot and new item, I found this very charming product in a website for Christmas present. As one of those who loves snuggling under a blanket, I thought that 'Blanket with Sleeves' was such a brilliant idea I've never seen before. However, after I looked into this idea for a moment, I figured out this type of products have already been so popular and widely known. The first brand of this idea was born in 2006. There are several brands only specialized in this idea.

A blogger has published post about the comparison of those brands really well.
You can check this link.
 http://gizmodo.com/5190557/ultimate-battle-the-snuggie-vs-slanket-vs-freedom-blanket-vs-blankoat

I have to admit that I had no idea this thing was already quite common in the United States.
Seriously, I've never seen  this product before today. But I'm not isolated from the trend.
Actually, this idea is still new to Korea and it might be the same in lots of nations.






GS TV shopping channel in South Korea started selling those type of blanket named as Magicozy at the end of November in 2010. Since the idea has not been introduced in Korea market, shopping hosts had to bring up successful stories of US market, and they used 'Slanket' CEO video interview as a reference to help customer understand the concept of the product.

I believe that this wouldn't be the only case we experience. It makes me think 'Glovalizaion' is still far,
and ask myself  "Why can't we just know where to find something really cool? Why should we wait until something is introduced in our domestic market?"
If it's true that the world is flat as Thomas Friedman insisted, how come it takes so long for us to access some cool things all over the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment